View Single Post
Old 21 July 2020, 03:42 PM   #98
116710er
"TRF" Member

Watch: yer six.
And to top it off, the watch apparently still has an issue where sometimes, after setting the time, it continues to hack even after I screwed down the crown. Sometimes it'll run for a few second and then stop, sometimes it constantly hacks. It will start back up as soon as loosen the crown a little. Re-tightening the crown doesn't affect it after it starts up again.

At first I thought maybe I was tightening the crown too much (??) but I just figured out how to repeat this issue. It seem that when you adjust the time and then you put a little clockwise pressure on the crown as you push it in and screw it down, it causes this one little "trick" to happen. Not 100% repeatable but I'd say 70% of the time. I guess that's just how I set my watches. Maybe it's just a "feature" of this movement and something that is not correctable but I've never had this issue with any other watch (Rolex modern, vintage or any other brand for that matter).

As for the damage, I don't see either flaw in any of the photos I took of the watch previously (I looked at ALL of them dating back a couple years). RSC's own notes don't mention either flaw...although they did previously note a micro tick bite on the edge of the crystal (which I knew was there). I can't imagine they missed a big ol' scratch on the face of the crystal but who knows.

I spoke with RSC and they're going to take a close look at all the infil/exfil photos of my 14060 (they should have a nice library of photos by now) to see if the scratch on the crystal and the scrape/dent along the inner edge of the bezel were previously there. I suppose it's entirely possible that I never noticed the scratch on the crystal and maybe the bezel scrape/dent was also already there but in a different position which make less obvious...afterall, at this point, I think RSC has had it in its possession longer than I have so I might not be remembering the flaws on this watch...lol...?