View Single Post
Old 5 October 2017, 11:34 AM   #20
Ruud Van Driver
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I assume a lot may have to do with the AD and the willingness to deal. Many consumers now expect a significant discount and a lot of AD's will hold certain pieces and only go full retail for a walk in. No doubt Panerai is soft now but it is also a good time as a buyer, if you are not going to flip.
Very true. OP Singapore have a few LE pieces built especially for Chinese New Year. One’s been sat in the case for eighteen months and the other for about seven. They will not discount them by one cent. I only showed mild interest but was steered away because they’re very ‘basic’ and, reading between the lines, it worth the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Congratulations, it's a beauty

We only have a boutique here in Toronto and the other AD doesn't discount, at least to me
Lucky you, Brian. There’s no OP boutique in the UK. When I move back to the UK, possibly next year, my closest OP boutique will be Paris, where there’s three. No way will I be going there though, far too close to the influence of our Panerai Enabler-in-Chief!

Looking at the soft used market for Panerai and I’m glad that two of mine are LE and quite exclusive.

Congrats on the 671, OP

"Why should you allow an AD to shake you down, just so you can buy a watch" - Grady Philpott
Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Ruud Van Driver is offline   Reply With Quote