View Single Post
Old 20 October 2017, 04:16 AM   #5
Tony64
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach7 View Post
Yes, I have the bill of sales from the AD... what if the buyer says I kept the real one and sent him the fake? I did not video tape the packing of the shipment and even if I did I've heard such video evidence is useless against claims like this.
^^^ This is the problem. There's no way for you to prove what the buyer received, or that you actually shipped the authentic item.

As unfair as this is, imagine being on the other side of this deal but with an unscrupulous seller. You respond to a eBay ad showing a real Rolex and pay for the item pictured. Seller sends you a cheap fake. Seller claims as proof that he has a receipt of purchase for the real Rolex. See what I mean? It proves nothing. Unless you can somehow establish that what he received is what you've sent I don't see how you can prevail in this situation.

The real question is who's got the burden of proof? The seller or the buyer? From what it seems, PayPal considers the buyer's word above all else barring some extenuating circumstance.

Anyone have a different experience?
Tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote