View Single Post
Old 19 December 2019, 02:33 PM   #55
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorA View Post
I’m a rolex guy, I’ve been very fortunate to acquire and am keeping pretty much all the rolex Ss “hot” watches.

Recently I am trying to include pieces from other watch makers and managed to acquire my first omega speedmaster and have been intrigued by the case design, the attention to details and spring drive mechanism in GS as well as the rugged feel of Seiko.................. but here’re my questions

1- with a big rolex collection, what are areas that Seiko/GS fill and rolex doesn’t?

2- I’m more leaning towards a GS, especially the US exclusive SBGA387, which model other than that one would you suggest?

3- I never buy my watches as investment but I like for my watches to retain or gain some value. Out of the lineup, which ones are more likely to follow that?

4- finally as a “made in Japan” watch which by some is viewed as a “second class” to “Swiss made” is that true to the watch quality and future value as well?

I know it’s a loaded post with lots of questions but I will truly appreciate any insight as I start to learn more about a totally new watch lineup for me

Thank you!

Did you end up picking up a GS or still exploring? I've been toying around with the idea as well.

I've been interested in peacock in the past but it seemed to be pretty thick at 14.4mm.

The news seasons collection is interesting.
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote