View Single Post
Old 7 November 2017, 08:23 PM   #27
kingofthehill
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2725TMB View Post
That's fair enough. For me part of the attraction of being an AP owner is association to the brand and I think there should be a certain style in keeping with that brand's value. I hope AP don't go down market in their presentation.

I must admit I don't look at warranty cards etc at all, they are stashed away in the box - its just a bit worrying that such a piece of poor design etc has been approved and used by AP.
I would argue that the spate of poor reliability does more to harm the brand's value than the design of the warranty card - even if I think that this warranty card could certainly have been better executed. In another thread, linked below, you cite a 33% error rate on your AP purchases and another member (GB-man) a 20% error rate. These numbers do not form a dataset, but they are appalling.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=568599

I have purchased one AP into my collection and am actively considering a second. Whilst the first was without issue thus far, these reports have very clearly dented my enthusiasm for a second AP.
kingofthehill is offline   Reply With Quote