View Single Post
Old 12 July 2013, 02:12 AM   #47
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont Miller II View Post
I just got my watch from John today. It is in great condition with thick lugs, clean bezel insert, and without any chips in the crystal. Oh yeah, it came with everything it did when new. There were over 3,248 views of this watch. Perhaps his pics did not do it justice; so I thought I would post some of my pics of this watch to show you the kind of quality you can expect when you by a watch from him. Not bad for a 16 - 17 year old watch. Thanks John.

UPDATE: 7/11/2013

I always hear comments about not investing in Rolex or buying a Rolex as an investment but always comment otherwise when I read one of these threads here on TRF. A Rolex is a great investment and if purchased right, it will appreciate nicely in the years to follow.

There are many examples here from watches that I have sold, that have appreciated substantially since they were sold by me. This Submariner is just one example. I had this watch listed in 2009 for $3400 and sold it for a little less to John (Beaumont Miller). Jump four years ahead to 2013 and a fine example comparable to this Submariner would bring, on average, $5000 to $5200. Not bad for four years appreciation on a Submariner. This is just one example of buying wise when purchasing a Rolex and holds true for many other Rolex models.

Hope you are still enjoying that Submariner John!!!

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote