View Single Post
Old 18 June 2015, 04:58 PM   #1
.db
"TRF" Member

My Culver City service center experience

Just wanted to share my experience with the Culver City Omega Service Center.

I have a PO (2500C) that I bought in 2009. The crown stem tube became stripped and it wasn't possible to screw down the crown anymore. In addition, it just needed a CLA since it was gaining about 8 seconds a day.

I went to an Omega AD (not the one I purchased from, but another that I've got a great rapport with). We shipped it to Omega in Culver City and I recently got it back.

Sadly, the watch no longer winds through the rotor. After a full manual wind, and wearing it everyday, the watch would stop shortly after two days. Went through that cycle 3 times and even kept a log of when it was on and off my wrist. Also, the crown could be screwed down, but it didn't have any 'spring' feel to screw it back down; it was just flush and you screwed it in.

The AD I went through took all the right steps and it's back to Omega to be fixed, but still… what a disappointing first experience with Omega service.

I really wanted to fly to Seattle for a day trip to hand deliver it to Nesbits because I've heard a few bad stories about Omega's service centers from forums. In hindsight, I wish I did.

.db is offline   Reply With Quote