View Single Post
Old 22 October 2020, 11:35 AM   #13
greengold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradSomrak View Post
To each their own here, obviously.

I have owned multiple Subs and have owned the Seamaster 300. I sold the Seamaster after about two weeks. It wears bigger than I would like (again, subjectively) and the helium escape valve really, really bothered me. From a symmetry perspective, from a lack of actual functionality perspective, etc.

I also wanted a rubber strap, but couldn’t find one. So I wore the Seamaster on a bracelet, and the lack of a taper is my most disliked feature. The bracelet, to me, feels way to “fat” for daily wear. (Quick tangent - I do not know why Omega cannot get the quality of its bracelets on par with the watches, themselves. But I digress). I often wonder if I was “too hard” on the watch because of my utter disdain for the watch’s bracelet.

No comparison to me. I will always have a Sub, but I will likely never replace the Seamaster. A Speedmaster for me for the long haul....
I agree with the bracelet comment here the sub tapered bracelet did wear better however omega sell a rubber strap for the new 300 not sure if you saw it but it is very comfortable and light felt good build quality
greengold is offline   Reply With Quote