View Single Post
Old 18 October 2010, 08:04 PM   #19
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
I don't really think so.............the KIF system has worked with Rolex for several years now, and with great success!

JJ
Have to agree JJ lets get the facts straight both the Kif system and the Nivarox hairsprings have been used in Rolex watches for 40 plus years.The Nivarox hairsprings were used in 99% of all the Swiss watch industry in most major high end brand too.Now Nivarox is now owned by the Swatch group and they stated a few years back that sometime 2010/11 they would cut down supplies of ebauche movements and escapement parts to all outside the Swatch group.Thats why Brands like Patek and Rolex had to develop there own under different names.Now whether any watch has the Nivarox, Kif or any other named escapement shock system, IMHO to the average wearer they would find no real advantage.Just look at the millions upon millions of Swiss and Rolex watches in this world today.Most still ticking and keeping excellent time, and to be tested and certified by the COSC they all have to pass the same test no matter the escapement parts in the case.Accuracy mainly comes from how a watch is regulated if its regulated correctly they should all run too, or inside COSC spec.And if one is a second or so better either way, does it really matter whats in a second or so out of 84600 seconds in a day.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder

Last edited by padi56; 18 October 2010 at 11:44 PM..
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote