View Single Post
Old 19 August 2019, 08:34 AM   #92
ToneLok
"TRF" Member

I have a couple I picked up pre-owned a few years back when they were by comparison giving them away. What brought this front of mind was trying to pick a up a 5711 for my wife and a 5726 for buddy. My buddy is so turned off by the process he’s looking at other brands. My AD has the blue to black chrono dress watch they showed at Basel just sitting there and other cool “fancier” watches you’d think would be tough to get but they’re offering silly deals to pick up. Until this passes I’m tempted to grab it and maybe a ceramic ROO for my wife and still pay less than a grey market 5726. I just can’t see paying the same for a sport watch as I did for my Lange Pour Le Mérite.

Other interesting luxury market insights can be gleaned from the Sotheby’s auction at Pebble Beach yesterday. The only thing worse than being long on a top-of-secondary-market Nautilus right now is having grabbed a vintage collectible car in the last couple years. Off 25%+ yesterday and tons didn’t even come close to selling.
ToneLok is offline   Reply With Quote