View Single Post
Old 19 August 2019, 06:14 PM   #103
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Bump, Bump, Goose? S’long Nautilus speculators!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam66 View Post
you mean those more complicated references that should be worn with suit&tie or even better black tie or tuxedo?

i can't really see many people go back to that.

also i am with ninja, the best PCC is the i-phone. PCCs are engineering marvels but so is the steam engine:::)))) wearable art? yes but i prefer unique pieces of art.

so where does that leave the grand complications?

These days nobody 'needs' a wristwatch.

You certainly don't need to dress up to wear a Patek complication on a strap and strangely I'm pretty sure Patek sells more complications (non sports) now than it has ever sold. Clearly the clamour is currently steel sports but that is not what defines the brand or it's core customers. You only have to see the love that complications get on this forum (and others) and the amazing changes that a strap can make to see the enduring love for more than SS sports. If you discount all buyers who have a steel sport Patek because they see it as a way to make money and concentrate on those that have one because it is an amazing watch on the wrist you will also find a great many of them have or want a Patek (and other brands) complication on a strap.

As for art on the wrist, well that can be enjoyed by the wearer at any time with these amazing pieces - Nautilus/Aquanaut are very nice pieces, comfortable and practical but they are not pieces to make the heart sing, for this you need more - that is why grand complications will endure long into the future

Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote