View Single Post
Old 21 August 2019, 10:41 PM   #183
bonsai-man
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperio View Post
Tiny % or bad luck as it may be, mistakes happen and it's how they are handled that reveal the character of the company you're dealing with. Do you reject the complaint and hope it goes away or do you own it and make it right.

Look at this flaw I found on my GS Snowflake minute hand; literally microscopic; I regularly bust out the loupe to admire the finish and it took me a few sessions to notice this. I shared the pic with my AD and said it's not visible to the naked eye but here it is under 10x magnification, is this normal? Tbh, I was expecting the answer to be yes but the reply was "it's not up to spec so we'll fix it". I got my minute hand replaced under warranty, with some goodies thrown in for good measure when I went to pick it up. This is the level of QC and customer service I received on a watch that retails at $5,800, which is why I think the pushback you got on the rusty bracelet of a much more expensive timepiece is disappointing.
Wow, that’s great service from your AD and GS.

The update I posted did not cover all of the issues with my rusty bracelet. The post would have been too long for that, although some were the AD’s fault to be fair.
bonsai-man is offline   Reply With Quote