View Single Post
Old 7 January 2018, 08:47 PM   #215
bonatto
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstore View Post
When selling or buying I find a red flag is when someone is a multi year TRF member with few posts as opposed to a pledge member who is engaged and contributes to the sites expenses. Makes me wonder why they post so infrequently and why they don't see the value in supporting the site that provides them a service. I have one suggestion for the classified section : only pledge members with a minimum of 100 posts get access to the buy and sell area. Might save everyone some grief
As one of these account holders I'd like to chime in. I don't post regularly because I don't feel that I often have anything overtly constructive to add, and when I do, I do. Still, I hold accounts by the same name elsewhere, with a similar post count.

What did happen recently was someone trying to use my name to scam others and there was a thread that clarified what was happening.

I have no problems with identifying myself as a buyer or seller, with ID or whatever.

I appreciate there may be *phantom* legacy accounts that are targeted for hacks or used by chancers, but blanket suggestion to avoid sounds unfair and offers false security if you assume that high post count users do not go rogue.

Due diligence is your only risk mitigator, there is no such thing as 100%, nobody will take better care of your money than you will, so ask the right questions and send the right emails until you feel comfortable.

Deals on eBay, TZ, watchuseek, TRF, etc over ten years well into 6 figures, thankfully no scams.

Stay safe.
bonatto is offline   Reply With Quote