View Single Post
Old 12 March 2017, 08:33 PM   #99
Bob the brush
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1016 Explorer.
I wear with pride my 1016, I bought new from Zales of Truro Cornwall in1983. I too have all boxes swing tags, and booklets to accompany the watch. I recently purchased a Everest brown leather strap to give it a different look from the oyster bracelet, and the jubilee bracelet, which I bought in 1984 ( for 84 uk pounds I still have the receipt) I change the bracelets, a couple of times a year. Presently, the 1016 is in it's box and hiding in a draw as I fancied a change and treated myself to an Oysterdate Turn o graph on a white dial, a complete contrast from the black dial of the 1016. I think I will keep the ToG as my everyday watch, and bring the 1016 out, to make a special occasion even more special. The 1016 has only been serviced by Rolex,, and at the last service they changed the plexi glass for a glass which is not as domed, more flat which is not as nice as the domed. I have seen the domed glasses for sale on eBay, but these are more money than I paid for the watch so I won't bother. I am new to the forum and will post some photos when i have learnt how, I will need a new camera first as mine still takes 35 mm film!

uit
Bob the brush is offline   Reply With Quote