View Single Post
Old 17 March 2018, 12:20 PM   #18
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Steve gave some good pointers if you are experiencing the symptoms the OP described.

When you notice this is happening - especially across many different devices or networks it could be that you have “become the product”. As in aggressive ad-trackers, spyware, keyloggers or malware chewing up CPU or network resources while they operate in the background.

Some keyloggers may be revealed by opening the Windows Task Manager (or Mac’s System Info) and look at which open processes are using the most real-time. More advanced keystroke logging will be concealed from simple inspection because they hide under a legit utility like disk management. They operate a lot like malware (and malware can be doing other things as well separately).

Running an anti-malware utility designed specifically to detect Trojans, spyware and keylogger programs is a good step because these are not always picked up by standard anti-virus software.

Many are free - here are some reviews to consider. https://www.techradar.com/news/best-...lware-software

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I am experiencing the same problem on both my iMac and Macbook. Strangely, this problem doesn't happen when I am on other forums. I will give it a try anyway. Which anti-malware for Mac will you recommend?