View Single Post
Old 30 May 2017, 10:45 AM   #43
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbahri View Post
Hello all, So i had this incident when I sent my rolex to the offical rsc for service since I have had it for 10 years and never serviced it. I am a lurker here but this incident made me sign up and post.

Originally I bought my rolex at a national AD brand new 10 years ago. I recently went to the same AD (but different city from original purchase since I have moved) to add a link since I have gained a few pounds in the past 10 years and the watch was getting a little tight. I gave them the extra link that was removed from my watch when it was first sized when I bought it 10 years ago. They told me their watchmaker is only there 2 days out of the week, so I left it with them and came back a week later after the link was added. Tried on the watch, it fit perfectly and then decided, that I should just send the rolex in for service since its never been serviced in 10 years.

Fast forward 4 weeks later I get a call for the repair prices from my AD and one of them is $60 to change a link that is not an official rolex link on the watch. Now I have never given this watch to anyone except for this one time to add a link. I explained this to the AD who is the same gentlemen that I spoke with when I brought it to add the link, he responded that he would not know how that would happen but said he will do me a favor and will cover the cost of the new link.

I have a feeling they didn't add the link I gave them, gave me a non official rolex link that looks similar and now got caught and are trying to cover themselves by just paying for it. What do you guys think? I don't care about the $60 dollars, what I worry about more is now I feel like I can not trust that AD anymore. Thoughts??

regardless of the plausible reason for the link being switched (or whatever), the fact is they looked after you by paying for the link and now they know you have them on radar... which typically means you're now a VIP who needs to be swayed back in their good books.

i would forget what happened and continue to use this AD for absolutely all rolex needs. just mention, as a professional courtesy, that they should call past service clients to confirm they're satisfied and haven't had similar issues as yours. the fact they have a 2dpw tech could mean the tech is a journeyman contractor and not an actual employee of theirs.

enjoy the watch and your summer.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote