View Single Post
Old 25 February 2019, 11:34 PM   #80
AntoMeRolexPassion
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphil View Post
With tax refund in italy, you'll probably end up getting back around 15% (I was last there a couple of years ago, but i highly doubt that to have changed). There are multiple ways of doing it but basically the general idea is that you have to export the goods from the EU within 90 days of purchase date. Then they send you the money back. There is another way of doing it which is you getting the money right away, but you would still have to stamp a form from customs at the airport upon leaving the EU. I have personally not tried the latter but I am almost certain it can be done and a lot of people on the forums did it without issues.

Italy - in my opinion - is one of the best countries to buy a rolex in. Their tax refund is great and they offer very aggressive discounts in general.

That fluted bezel on the 126334 is jaw-dropping in person. Good luck in your hunt!
I'm italian, can talk you about situation here.
Your reasoning about tax free is correct but... there are no watches! I refer to official shops, on shop window you will find only Datejust, some Millgaus or Explorer... for the rest... waiting list...
I waited an Deepsea 126660 for seven months and about Gmt II 126710BLRO my official dealer told me "six/seven years..."
AntoMeRolexPassion is offline   Reply With Quote