View Single Post
Old 30 June 2020, 10:30 PM   #16
Dougiebaby
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona BLNR SubLV
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_135 View Post
I was able to pick up an 114060 about 3 years ago before the sports models went crazy. Since then, I have purchased the following watches:

Omega Speedmaster Professional (sold the first one, purchased a second one)
Rolex Oyster Perpetual 39 White Dial (sold)
Tudor Black Bay (Burgundy Bezel, Rose Dial) (sold)
Multiple Seiko "beaters" (skx + others) (all sold)
Omega Seamaster blue dial previous generation "Bond" watch (sold)

And finally, my latest purchase, the Explorer (214270) about 10 days ago.

It seems I always end up with no interest in anything other than my No Date Sub. All of these watches have been great, but I can't help but feel for the price and wrist presence, nothing comes close to the Submariner.

I am well aware many members here have more disposable income than the average guy (and myself), but for some reason I have developed a mindset of either wearing my best watch, or something I don't care about to an extent. I don't need a "collection" as I have realized I can only wear one at a time, and my life circumstances don't change enough to justify a box full of watches.

My latest consideration is to keep my Sub, add a DJ41 for a dressy piece (rhodium, smooth bezel jubilee) and some type of beater/cheap piece for certain situations, maybe a seiko diver?).

Anyone experience something like this? My current collection is the Sub, Explorer and Speedmaster, but I can't help but feel no attachment to anything other than my Sub. Am I crazy to consider selling the Explorer and Speedy? Funds aren't necessarily tight right now, but I just don't get the "wow" factor with the Explorer and Speedy. I just don't get the enjoyment out of these watches the same way I do with the Sub, and it makes me think, why bother keeping them if I am not attached?

The SubND & DJ41 are a perfect duo! Do it! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dougiebaby is offline   Reply With Quote