View Single Post
Old 12 July 2020, 02:35 AM   #21
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiscott_29 View Post
Ultimately, this is what it boils down to and I pretty much agree with this completely. I know it is hard to hear and it's hard for me to accept as somebody that really wants to build a long term relationship, but it makes complete sense to prioritize your "VIPs". I think you hit on an important point. VIP doesn't necessarily mean spending the most money, but is both a combination of buying history (of course) and showing a long term interest in the brand.

AP is absolutely at the top of their game and while I hate the reality, there just isn't any way to let more people into that club. I hope, over time, to prove myself worthy.

In the meantime, I take a 3-pronged approach. I try to stay active with the boutique, a local AD, and a couple of gray dealers I wholeheartedly trust. At the end of the day, if I want a watch, I'll get it one of these ways. I'm not laying all of my chips in the boutique basket. My strong advice is to follow a somewhat similar strategy or it really is just going to lead to frustration.

Also, and I can't stress this enough...If you really only want one or two pieces (blue 15500/15450, Skeleton, etc.), just go gray. Do the damn math!! :-)
Thanks, my frustrations are not really that I can’t get a 15500 that quickly even though that would be nice but that barely any watch are available. If you check the 44mm ROO lineup on their official website only two “entry” level ones are available. Frankly that’s a stretch because 30k plus and 45k plus is not entry level anymore.
Everything else is discontinued or openworked / tourbilions that I’m sure I could not even buy even if I wanted to ( my guess is a lot of them are discontinued also but didn’t ask).

Take the code out of it and that’s a Big maybe for 15500 in full gold, no skeleton of course, PC discontinued, all ceramic/ open worked only VIP not that I have that deep pockets anyway,

Other than a few 42mm ROO ( already have one) and a big maybe from the boutique for chrono (I think bal Halbour said much better chances than crystals) there is not much left anyone can buy. And lastly a few divers but that’s it.

So I guess I am more bewildered by the overall lack of watches that are actually available, all new 44 ROO already sold out in LV and Bal Harbour said nicely maybe :)
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote