Thread: Top time
View Single Post
Old 28 March 2020, 11:40 PM   #6
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56scooter View Post
Not for me, I will pass. Originally going to be available online only, now Georges has decided to make them available to AD's once they re-open. Instead of pushing out new releases maybe the Breitling team should come up with a strategy to strengthen the re-sale value of Breitling watches!
The resale is largely driven by sentiment and branding. Rolex gets top billing. For example the Daytona, its only claim to fame it is its association with a salad dressing guy, it broke no new ground at all. It’s far less significant than the navitimer, Speedmaster, el primero, yet to the secondary market the Daytona is a more important watch. What has it done? Nothing nothing at all, and that’s not disputable. But the market demand is there. Breitling makes watches and not wearable stocks and bonds, so while I agree with you what’s to be done about that. I can tell you I see 100 Rolex on people’s wrist for every 1 Breitling I see in the wild, so it’s the branding. But when you strip it down, breitlings release
Have been far more exciting than Rolex by a mile recently. I mean Rolex gets a pass on things other brands don’t. That business about slapping on 40 year old technology on the Daytona in 2016 and calling it an upgrade (btw seiko puts ceramics on 600 dollar watches and rado has used it for 40 years) is laughable how people fall all over themselves to get it. Pure gimmick.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote