View Single Post
Old 30 December 2018, 12:44 PM   #51
Jgrink
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine29 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I ended up with the Black Bay 58. After going back and forth between the MOTH and BB58, I complicated things by throwing the Omega FOIS into the selection. I just couldn’t pull the trigger without seeing the BB58 in person to make it final.

Based on the estimated timeframe and waitlist on the BB58, I figured it would be next year sometime before I could check one out. I ended up getting a call from the AD this past week and well, you know what happens!

Ultimately what won me over was the overall watch proportions, easy legibility at a glance, in-house COSC 70hr movement, and price point. In regards to price, I know we are only talking a few hundred dollars after discount, but the Tudor still comes out less at full retail price. I posted in the Rolex forum that the watch had a whimsical and nostalgic vibe, which just puts a smile on your face.

I may still end up with a Moonwatch of some sort if the budget (and wife ) allows because that Pepsi GMT seems like something that won’t come for years. Here are some pics:

Hold your head high, it’s a beautiful watch. And I’m a Speedmaster owner, BTW.
Jgrink is offline   Reply With Quote