View Single Post
Old 18 June 2019, 03:17 AM   #14
ashbaug2
Banned

Watch: 126710 BLRO
Like others have mentioned, that's probably not a half bad offer in this market, especially if they can "acquire" one for you fairly quickly. You'll pay more than that on secondary, and your name won't even be on the warranty. Spend a little more and get something else to show for it, maybe some earrings for the wife?

When I inquired about a GMT (BLRO) last year, my AD asked me the same question of how much I had spent with them. I had spent roughly $10k in jewelry in the previous 10 years, mostly on my wife's engagement and wedding bands. That wasn't nearly enough for a BLRO (they wanted $50k+ a year over the last several years...). I ended up getting the GMT LN instead, with a minimal wait time and to further establish my relationship with them; no extra purchase necessary (granted, not as "hot" of a watch as the Sub).

That was 9 months ago now, and it's a totally different market. Whatever you do, consider trying to start a relationship with the AD if you have other pieces you may be interested in in the future. Unless you feel like wasting an extra $2-10k every time.
ashbaug2 is offline   Reply With Quote