View Single Post
Old 19 February 2018, 01:01 PM   #478
moby33
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Omega/Seiko
I've recently been bit by the vintage Seiko diver bug again (was really into them about 8 years ago), and had to pull all mine out. It started when I decided to once and for all restore my beloved 1976 6105.

I contacted Spencer Klein to do the work and WOW...what a master. For those of you that don't know Spencer, he specializes in restoring vintage Seiko's and I can tell you, his work & attention to detail is AMAZING. He does a bunch of cool videos of his clients watches on YouTube, check them out.

I also sent him my 6309-729B, 6306-7001 & 7S26-0020 (pictured below)...all these watches have been sitting in a case doing nothing for years. But again, the real goal was the 6105 restoration.

Sure enough, after looking over them all, the other 3 had a lot of issues that would have taken more to bring back than what I wanted to do. So we decided to do the 6105 on trade for the other three. I've had it back for about a week now and absolutely love it.

And of course in true WIS style, while I was waiting for the 6105, I decided to research modern Seiko divers and ended up buying a new Marine Master 300. This watch is amazing...and I love the monobloc case with no opening on back (all pics are mine except the MM300 case back...that's from the internet).

My only complaint w/ the MM300 is the bracelet isn't the best, and the OEM waffle band looks cool, but not the most comfortable. So I found Crafter Blue makes a custom rubber band for the MM300 w/ curved ends which you can fit the factory adjustable metal clasp on...so the application comes out looking OEM, yet very comfortable.

Here's the collection, plus the new MM300 and the 6105 after Klein restoration.

moby33 is offline   Reply With Quote