View Single Post
Old 28 October 2021, 07:26 AM   #57
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
I think some of you are missing the point here and not addressing what the OP was talking about. He was wondering if wearing something flashy like a watch could affect sales. The answer to that is most definitely sure, probably, maybe or as my friends in the south say might could. Lol. Point being why would you want to take a chance if you get paid by how much you close? I remember attending a seminar in the 90s on in-home sales and the presenter gave a statistic that had been studied that said salesmen that had facial hair had anywhere from a 10 to 15% less closing ratio then people that didn’t. This had been studied so there is no arguing about it. So those people with beards had to ask themselves is their beard worth $30,000 if they were making $200,000 a year. That will make you think a little. Once again sales people should be chameleons and not draw attention away from what they are trying to do and that is close a sale. That means they should dress appropriate for their profession and not stick out in any way that will be distracting. That’s my opinion based off of the dozens of sales books I’ve read, seminars I have attended and my own personal experience. Obviously many of you are looking at this from the customers perspective and what you would think of the sales person wearing a flashy watch and that opinion my friends is going to be drastically different from individual to individual. However in sales it’s a numbers game.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Patton250 is offline   Reply With Quote