View Single Post
Old 1 July 2021, 12:18 AM   #135
NewEnthusiast
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air King/Seamaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion View Post
James(OmegaJJH) and James(NewEnthusiast)glad to see you are both interested in fine writing instruments and want to teach your children about the finer things in life. Big Congrats…with one of you being a new parent and the other becoming a Dad soon. If I can pass on a little piece of advice…enjoy your children when they are young and become involved in their daily lives(be there for them by making time each and every day). As they do grow up quite fast and before you know it they will have finished school and be on their own…shaping their futures……

Sometimes it seems like yesterday that our son was born yet he is now 31 and on his own. Teach them good morals, ethics and manners and above everything else teach them that their word must have and be backed with integrity and honesty…..

Take care…..Leo
Re-reading all of this thread after it went live again. Leo, I believed your words back then but they resonate even more now. Bump has now become a VERY active 4 year old and has been joined by a little brother. They are a handfull but each moment with them is precious. One of the few positives of lockdown was the opportunity to spend even more time with them and be even more involved (numerous work calls were started with, "You have my brain but be aware my body is making slime/pizza/a mess with my son so there might be a bit of background noise!")

Unfortunately I lost my dad at the start of the year. I miss him enormously but over the course of writing and delivering his eulogy I was able to reflect on all the wonderful time we enjoyed together and how lucky I was to have that opportunity. It has renewed my determination to be there in the same way for my boys.

Take care

J
NewEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote