View Single Post
Old 30 September 2022, 10:04 AM   #15
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBoost View Post
Something seems a bit odd with both sets of numbers you are quoting. Multiple Rolex trained watchmakers have noted that the 32xx produces lower amplitude as compared to previous generations of movements, even when everything is "perfect". The belief is that this goes hand-in-hand with the more efficient escapement and mainspring changes and helps achieve the longer power reserve. I have never seen anyone claim an amplitude of 300 or more on a 32xx. Are you really seeing that on your others?

My two 32xx do 270-275 and 255-260, respectively, dial up, full wind. The "good" one is still over 200 degrees in vertical positions 24 hours after full wind (the only amplitude spec which Rolex has actually put out), whereas the "bad" one falls to the 180s.

If the most you can ever get out of yours is 220-240, full wind, horizontal position, then that would seem to be quite low.
Yeah it is a tad low for full wind dial up. OP really should have tested the vertical positions at the 24 hour mark.

Re the 300, I have an explorer 1 that hit 300 full wind, 270 vert not sure if you every saw my post on that in the mega thread... very rare though... and to be honest it's super erratic... I don't like it...
amanbra is offline   Reply With Quote