View Single Post
Old 17 October 2018, 10:34 PM   #1
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Can A Watch Bring Luck? Superstition? Not me yet....

i'll walk under a ladder. Open an umbrella indoors, sure. Over the past few decades have enjoyed many mechanical timepieces. Never gave things much thought until.... A relatively recent acquisition seemed good at first. Life rocked, happy to get it.

But then i started to notice than when this watch was in rotation (wearing it) things would be less than positive. When the first less than positive thing happened... hey, things happen in life. Se la vie.

A month or so later, same watch came back to on-wrist rotation and soon after another less than positive thing happened. THAT is when i began to think....

It came back into rotation a month or so later and wife's car water pump died the next day or so.

Now, again, am not one for superstition, yet could not dismiss that when wearing said watch life threw challenges that were undesirable. Any other time/watch things were normal / great.

Am not a flipper or anything for watches, yet sold it because...

Am now back to SkyD blue for daily wear. Life goes normally when i wear it.

Weird, sure, but hey could you blame me for flipping if it seems virtually every time i worse said other timepiece things were less than positive? Do you have any experiences like this?

And yes, you make your own luck and all that, yet....
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote