View Single Post
Old 31 July 2018, 02:29 AM   #44
aperna
"TRF" Member

Watch: all of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacke90 View Post
I couldn’t agree with you more on catching the “Panerai bug”. With Panerai, the fun part is trying to fine one that has all your needs and wants (Sausage vs sandwich dial, second hand, gmt, and etc.). I never recommend Panerai to anyone as their first “nice” watch. “Nice” meaning anything over $5K. To anyone who dislike Panerai, I suggest they try it on again or at least try it on once before dismissing it. Try the Luminor Dur too while at it. I initially dislike Panerai until I tried it on. Somehow Panerai grows on you without you realizing it. You either get it or you don’t. Trust me, I was that guy who would roll my eyes dismissively when I see someone wearing it. I thought it was obnoxious to wear such a big watch; I just don’t get it. It bothered me enough to where I started studying Panerai history and reviewed their product line. And now I really appreciate the design and uniqueness. Is it going to retain its value like Rolex DD, DJ, GMT, I don’t think so at this time. Does it have the refinement as a PP and Lange, I don’t think so either. But hey collecting watches should be fun. And looking at my Panerai (shall I say everytime) brings smiles to my face. - Who would have thought as someone who loves and collects vintage DJ and bubblebacks ;)

Well said. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aperna is offline   Reply With Quote