View Single Post
Old 7 December 2017, 10:24 PM   #6
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchen View Post
Thanks for the feedback!

In terms of rolex's service periods, I don't know but it's just the general impression I got that they sometimes don't even need servicing well beyond 5 years.

Great point on the watch cost vs. service cost ratio and I'm not really worried about the cost.

Again, the reason I asked is because I've read instances of AP malfunctions such as the crown falling off, watch stopped working and needed repeated servicing within months of brand new purchase etc., stuff that seems really basic and not expected for these expensive timepieces, however it seems like that isn't really the case or isn't the norm, rather.

I would be happy to do and pay regular servicing (on average of 4 years?) as long as it's not abnormally frequent but cool, looks like I don't need to worry.
i would not worry. My 15400 is very solid, and i wear it all the time. Still looks new after over 3 years of use. Im not particularly careful with it either, i just wear it normally. If you buy new, you get a 5 year warranty so that is some piece of mind.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9005.jpg (229.7 KB, 516 views)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote