View Single Post
Old 22 July 2019, 04:54 AM   #29
Silver Bullet
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711
Quote:
Originally Posted by debner4 View Post
This isn’t really meant to be a question purely about money, it’s meant to be a question as to which watch(es) you would rather have?

I like the 5712 the best among the three watches, but it’s one watch. I also love the 5167 and DaytonaC, and they are two watches.

I have a small collection (only other watches are a SubC Date and a Jarger Master Moon dress watch).

Love the 5712, but like rotating watches, so tough call...
Given your personal situation, I would not do that trade. a 5712 plus a Sub and a JLC Master Moon (assume in steel) is a really great trio. I suspect that you're like me and prefer sport/steel watches to dress watches, so the JLC s a great choice for a dress watch. Save your money for the kinds of watches you really do like! In that latter category, you've got two of the very best: a sub and a steel Nautilus with a blue dial! Man!

If you went for the trade, you'd be missing the gem in your collection for two lesser watches that overlap with ones you already have. And if it's not about money, as you say, then the 20g is irrelevant. If you're smart, you're only spending play money on watches anyway.

No way I'd make that trade (given the other watches that you already have).
Silver Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote