View Single Post
Old 21 March 2021, 09:49 PM   #1
JP.
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 16610
Top-Five watches in your collection

Someone started this kind of thread at WUS so I thought I could just put one here as well.

The number one: Rolex 16610. There are a lot of discussions how brand XXX has made much better bracelet or clasp than a Submariner. Or how the model XXX is “much better done” than a Submariner. Well yeah, but they’re still not the Rolex Submariner – and never will be.

There is a whole industry built around Submariner homages. It’s THE model that most manufacturers aspire to have in their lineup – and a measuring stick that all dive watches get compared to, like it or not. This is the one that I wear the most. It's perfect (for me).

40mm Day-Date full gold. A true flagship of Rolex, the Daddy of them all.

EBEL BTR. Probably the most underrated and overlooked watch ever made. Maybe the design is controversial I don't know... but for some reason I love it. Gorgeous inhouse movement and stunning details. At 44.5mm it's a great choice for a medium/big-sized wrists. My favorite chronograph hands down.

Rolex GMT Master II (in all of its incarnations). Well everyone knows this watch. Versatile and classic design.

Breitling old model SteelFish X-Plus 44mm. This is one of my all time favorite diver watches and ironically my favorite Breitling (although the brand is not known so well of its diver watches). Another crazy bargain in the preowned watch market.

I could continue the list forever (Heuer Monaco, Camaro, Carrera, Autavia, Sea-Dweller, Moon Watch, various AP models). Actually I don't own the DD (the watch belongs to a friend) but these are the essentials from my collection and I'm eventually going to buy the DD anyway.

I have written a lot about all these watches in my blog (if you want to read more).
https://luxurywatches635.wordpress.com/

Cheers.