View Single Post
Old 12 January 2013, 01:41 AM   #34
SureMar
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorluv View Post
I purchased a GMT II D serial and a 2011 Sub-C Date from GeneralWar (Jon Todd). The D serial Coke GMT II came with a 1990's rolex box instead of the newer wave style box. Both had incorrect accessories, i.e., the GMT came with a "date just" booklet??? and the sub-c came with a 16610 booklet instead of the newer correct 116610LN booklet. The pictures depicted a more accurate and complete booklet and box set (which was not what I received). My GMT is out of COSC and ran 10 seconds fast from the time I received it and still does today. My Sub-C card was signed and dated even though it was brand new. It came from an Italian AD but I got the stock paper carrier instead of the leather paper carrier which european AD's provide. I cannot recommend a future purchase from Sant Blanc. I definitely see the value in an AD. Just my personal experiences.
I had a similar experience. Recently purchased a GMT II. The transaction was okay. The exterior condition of the watch was close to flawless. However, the watch has been running outside of COSC spec at +10 to +11 seconds fast per day since I got it. I had read nothing but good reviews in the past which gave me the comfort to buy from SB but not sure about the quality control.
SureMar is offline   Reply With Quote