View Single Post
Old 1 June 2022, 01:03 AM   #18
Rwatcher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
Last November I asked my AD if they would put me on their blue dial SS Sky Dweller list. I particularly liked the look of it on the Jubilee bracelet and since all my Rolex watches are on Oyster bracelets, I thought it was about time for a Jubilee. I was expecting to be politely refused but to my surprise and delight, they slotted me on.

All I then had to do was live long enough! I was thinking 3-5 years. I was wrong. I got the call last Saturday. Near enough six months. Don’t ask me how. Maybe they like us, maybe I've been paradoxically lucky, maybe people on lists are thinking twice and passing? Who cares! This is a gift horse whose teeth I will not count.

The view at the AD is that generally speaking, people who are, if you will, "traditional" buyers of brands like Rolex (as opposed to the credit limit heroes) aren't particularly inconvenienced by recessions and will probably come out of this one with more assets. They don't tend to change buying habits.

I’m familiar with the Sky Dweller and have big love for it but I’m still stunned by the beauty of this blue/Jubilee variant.

“I’m done now” I told the Rolex buyer. “Yeah, right, you always say that” was his reply. He has a point. But apart from maybe a PM crowning piece or a bigger Daytona with a date function, there are no more Rolex models that I envisage ever potentially owning.

The “what my AD said bit”.

Watches are coming in just fine. Last Saturday alone they sold 14 Rolex watches, all on allocation, with more lucky winners, me included, coming in this week and next to collect theirs. I also got some clarification on the constantly moving narrative on GMT and Sky Dweller spare bracelets. They were told, as were we, that owners of GMT Masters and Sky Dwellers which could be ordered with either Oyster of Jubilee bracelets, were eligible to buy a spare of the other type. I wanted a Jubilee spare to go with my Oyster BLRO. This is no longer the case in the UK. If you want to swap you can but the RSC will keep the old bracelet. Did I misunderstand this? Not according to my AD. Rolex have either U-turned or possibly didn’t originally communicate their intentions with enough clarity.

Must go now. I want to do some more cartwheels.
Safe to say you got lucky,

My old man has been waiting for around 4 years on a blue dial, oyster sky with no rejoice. Spend at this particular AD is very strong so congrats to you sir!

Enjoy it.
Rwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote