View Single Post
Old 13 May 2018, 11:07 PM   #21
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
Quote:
Originally Posted by goog53 View Post
I think the pics really look incredible. This watch for me personally is a bit big so I am not considering one. For those interested in the piece, Do you think 187K is a reasonable price point or do you think it will have to be discounted for them to sell through? Does the overall lack of performance of the 5270 family on the secondary market in general give you concern or do you consider this piece an outlier? I realize we buy these pieces to wear and enjoy and if they maintain value it is just an added bonus but the 5270Gs and R sell for substantially less than list and are easily available. Not trolling or anything like that as I love Patek Philippe, I just would like to get some insight into what other collectors think about this.
I think platinum with the salmon dial it's probably closest to being worth MSRP, especially if they end up not making very many over the full run. 5970Ps hammer for that much or higher. People seem to really like the Lemania, but overall production on 5970s was considered to be ~2800*

I think this model's market price ultimately will depend on how many are made.

* https://www.revolution.watch/making-...ippe-ref-5970/
codecow is online now   Reply With Quote