View Single Post
Old 8 May 2021, 11:20 AM   #13
Joearch
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona + GMT BLNR
[QUOTE=enjoythemusic;11440100]Mmmaybe at some point :)

We should wait for Panerai to disclose tho, no need to steal their tremendous thunder of their revolutionary 9010 Evolution movement. Am sure it has......... LOL.

Ya know, I finally realized after discussion with watch friends that Panerai is really a fashion brand. Ok, now with a twist of recycled electrons and 3D printing cases. As long as the movement works to spec it may as well be a Stellita or ETA movement inside like Bell&Ross and many others. Ming is doing good work too.

Besides, if I wanted a nice movement to look at Omega, TAG Heuer, Bvlgari, etc for the same price or less would be a good choice. I did get the PAM01033 GMT for the fashion, GMT / seconds reset features, and nice movement, yet it's about half the price of the 1118. Maybe the 01033 with 9011 movement will be the last of its kind as Panerai pivots to basic durability and higher prices?

Not sure I would agree that Panerai if a fashion brand. I guess some models may lean in that direction. I collect older references that for me are more in the robust tool watch that one can strap on and wear. In many years of ownership with numerous Panerai I have not had service issues and they keep excellent time.

Joearch is offline   Reply With Quote