View Single Post
Old 23 January 2024, 12:15 PM   #27
saltyandwet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflye View Post
I am very fortunate to have a great relationship with our local store. I not only have bought a lot of jewelry there over the years, but consider the manager a friend. I have wanted a Rolex for 10 plus years. He has told me whatever I want is mine. I just have to wait till that model comes in. With that being said I have finally decided to get a grown ass man watch from them. This is one of my Rolex wearing buddies favorite quotes to me whenever we are out. This will be something I wear daily. I originally wanted a GMT "batgirl" sorry for using nicknames(know they offend). He hasn't gotten the GMT in since we spoke but has offered me several other models. I have turned them down so far, but he now has a Sub MK2 that is mine if I want it. In the boards opinion which is a better everyday watch. I don't have a office job typically in jeans/khakis golf course attire. This watch isn't for investment. It is for me to wear. Who knows maybe I decide to grow my collection later on. I am very torn on which way to go. Rolex has some great SS sport options. On another note got to try on the new GMT two tone black/grey option in Bahamas last week. That is a stunning watch. I considered going for it, but just not a great everyday watch for me.
So, basically, whatever you want as long as it's available? Isn't that the same as what every AD tells any schmo that walks in? "It's yours as long as it's here and no one else wants it".
saltyandwet is online now   Reply With Quote