View Single Post
Old 12 April 2019, 09:41 AM   #80
TimeLord2
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Master 1675/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
The info here is not for GMT II models with the sapphire crystal - but for the acrylic crystal model inserts found on the GMT 1675 and 16750. Your insert looks fine based on the pic, which, to me, looks like a later GMT 16710 insert.

The crystal is aftermarket...sorry. . . but, many of the watches have aftermarket crystals.
Clearly, you are the expert in this matter Springer. I am curious what you think of this listing which advertises this insert as 100% original https://www.chrono-shop.net/en/1297-...750-brown.html. I have no interest in purchasing it but it looks like it could be another type of reproduction to add to your set. The fonts look quite small but correct What sticks out to me are the alignment issues with the numbers. Numbers to the left of 12:00 are aligned to the outer edge of the insert, while those on the right are aligned to the inner edge of the insert. I find it hard to believe this is legit and could pass quality control given real examples I have seen—even when compared to the pictures directly below where it says 1000% Guaranteed Genuine!
TimeLord2 is offline   Reply With Quote