View Single Post
Old 8 August 2020, 12:18 AM   #13
Ny325
"TRF" Member

Watch: DW-5600BB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprezzatura!, View Post
This is probably one of the oldest thread topics here.

It’s normally either;

Is the DJ36 too small?

Or

Is the DJ41 too big?

You will get as many people confirming both, as everyone has different tastes.

I have a 6.75” wrist.

I had a DJ2. Sold it.
I had a DJ41. Sold it.
I now own a DJ36 and it is just right.

36 is the iconic, classic, size.
41 is a modern iteration, but it’s size is on par, if not bigger than some of the sports models, which i personally find weird.

My favourite analogy would be a two-seater sports car being made larger than a 4x4. It’s just a little odd.

It’s a three hand model that’s design is meant to be a little smaller. Not only that but to me, when you hold up a 36 next to a 41, the way the watch, case, and general layout, looks far better on the DJ36.

I have sports models up to 41mm. My Sub C looks perfect on my wrist, however I felt the DJ41 didn’t.

For this style of watch, it’s all about the 36mm and as such will stand the test of time in the future as well.

Despite my advice to go with 36mm, I equally don’t think that larger watches are a fad or a sudden fashion statement. I think sizes have just evolved in to larger pieces in the last decade.

But, I personally think that many people now buy larger watches to show off or make a statement. That’s the horrendous Kardashian-esque world we live in now where everyone wants recognition from an Instagram post.

Aside from any of my suggestions. You have a 6.5” wrist, which is very slender.

Take a look through the comical threads here where others have posted watches that are clearly too big for their wrists.
I agree 100%.
Ny325 is offline   Reply With Quote