View Single Post
Old 4 January 2021, 03:13 AM   #166
baumare
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 1675/8
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry in montreal View Post
Unless you have a Rolex warrantee paper that cites your ‘tiffany’ dial, I say it is BS. What stops me from servicing my 1601 with a rsc, then using my nice Bergeron tools, open the back, remove the movement and insert my ‘tiffany’ dial?

Nothing.

In fact, that is exactly what has happened routinely. without robust provenance that describes the item exactly, you have absolutely nothing.

I think you should enjoy your tiffany dialed watch, but be prepared for a tough sell when you get bored with it.

I completely agree with you, and as you said I'm ready to a tough sell in case I want to get rid off it, actually my Seadweller is so beautiful and with a nice patina, that often I regret the T stamp on the dial.
Having said that, if by any miracle RSC was "hypothetically" able to tell me in writing (I know, impossible...:( that that particular serial number was indeed originally sent to Tiffany, the situation will be different in my eye/opinion.

As I said this is all hypothetical because Rolex will never tell me that, even though I believe they have record of what when where, but not where the watch was actually sold because of the AD trading/exchange
baumare is offline   Reply With Quote