View Single Post
Old 23 August 2009, 07:20 AM   #84
ayecarumba
"TRF" Member

Watch: the one I'm wearin
Yeah, not so hot on Tourneau....

I've been to 3 of the Tourneaus mentioned in this thread and had similar experiences:

57th: Several visits...Was not impressed...was actually a bit surprised at the paltry # of Rolexes available considering this is their FLAGSHIP store...staff seem apathetic to indifferent. Is it that hard to find people who actually like and know anything about what they're selling? Of course, the adage about hiring those with positive and good attitude bears mention. The attitude of the leadership can be judged by the subordinates. Poor buggers.

Reflecting a bit, perhaps they're so used to some Wall Street guy coming in with his bonus $$$ and buying with little to no knowledge nor wanting a relationship with an AD that they can't adjust to the fact that this guy and his $$$ are scant. The manager's daily meeting must be a freak out fear fest where he implores his people to move products or else!

53rd: Several visits....Much better than 57th, but that's not saying much. Smaller store, sales staff seem more laid back and more helpful.

Atlanta: Salesman was TOO assertive and ignored my wife (not good!)...she felt uncomfortable as he was hovering over me like a hawk and she left the store and stood outside (guys, you know that's the "Vamanos!" signal!) That plus as mentioned, this one doesn't have any Rolex.

Perhaps a better moniker for Tourneau would be "Sales Machine" vs. "Time Machine."

That's all they really seem to care about in the end and it shows in their mediocre to poor instore experience.

It's pretty damning that no Tourneau employees past or present have chimed in here which only shows they really don't have anyone who has any knowledge or passion for watches.

I'm stepping down off my box now!

--Paul

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his planets in chime,
Marketh the going of Time." --Edward Fitzgerald
ayecarumba is offline   Reply With Quote