View Single Post
Old 4 October 2019, 12:35 AM   #23
JasonBetts
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan S View Post
Like Aaron, I am sensing from the OP's questions that he hasn't quite reached the level of knowledge to feel comfortable buying a watch like this from a local seller. In the absence of first-hand expertise, the only way he should be buying the watch from a stranger is if he gets a fantastic price, and even that would carry risk. If the OP is going to pay a "dealer price", he should be buying from a well-established and respected high-end dealer.

Actually this watch is being offered by my regular reputable brick and mortar watch dealer.

However I'm not comfortable with their level of expertise too as vintage rolexes are not regularly traded here. I'm just worried my dealer too get a wrong evaluation of the example. I asked them which mark is the 1655 and they don't have a clue.

From where I come from, Rolexes are still considered status watches hence the best selling models are the latest trendy and blingy rolexes. Very few people here are willing to scoop 20-30k for a 'beaten up' vintage while with similar amount of money they can get the latest Daytona, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JasonBetts is offline   Reply With Quote