Thread: Watch insurance
View Single Post
Old 26 April 2020, 09:10 AM   #25
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdrock View Post
Chubb never called back and Jewelers insurance did not seem all that interest due to my travels.

Any recommendation for those that travel a lot and stay in countries for several years? Official home address is the US. Right now I have USAA but growing out of it after watches over $30K. Any have excellent international plans?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just FYI, Chubb and NWPC are only sold via independent agents, and most independent agents won't write a stand-alone Personal Collections/Jewelry policy. So, I had to change over all my insurance to NWPC. YMMV. NWPC isn't exactly cheap but they also aren't "outrageous" given their excellent coverage and customer service. I was willing to pay a premium for all the flexibility on the Personal Collections policy.

My recommendation is find a local independent agent that writes for these two carriers and have them do the legwork for you. They have the right connections.

And, I didn't want to post my experience with Jewelers Mutual, because quite honestly it has been negative. When I was quoting and told them I traveled, they shut it down and declined my business. If I had coverage from them, I'd be reading my policy with a magnifying glass so that you know what you're really covered for. They are very well respected though in the industry so I am sure for many people it's a great option.

I can verify that at least for NWPC, their coverage is worldwide and almost any typical loss is covered (theft, misplaced, mysterious disappearance, etc.).
chiscott_29 is offline   Reply With Quote