View Single Post
Old 15 January 2019, 01:08 PM   #52
bruinmd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek/Rolex/GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbalmz View Post
totally agreed. particularly in light of what other brands are doing—IWC upgrading to in-house movements in their entry level pilots watches, AP (new dial design notwithstanding) developing really impressive new movements that will probably eventually trickle down to most of their lineup, tudor moving away from ETA and rolex continuing to make steady incremental upgrades—to take a core segment of sports watches in their “entry level” tier and DOWNGRADE the movements like this (to say nothing of increasing the prices anyway) is sad and perplexing. I love my 682 (and I guess appreciate it more now), but man, Panerai make it hard for people who care about watches to love their brand sometimes.

as to sourcing, I read about these on Hodinkee (https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/pa...mm-introducing) but I’ve since checked the website and looks like this is indeed the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks. Since I initially posted, I edited my response to your post with a link that I found that gave me some info.

i couldn't agree more. I had just listened to the new Panerai CEO's interview on the watch and listen podcast, and was optimistic to see what would be released.

I've read where Panerai has been taking a beating reputation wise the last few years, and I've been an ardent defender of the brand, even with its apparent devaluation as evidenced by the secondary market. So here comes their CEO from Roger Dubuis, with a lot of hope and expectations....... and then he goes out and signs off on this !??
bruinmd is offline   Reply With Quote