View Single Post
Old 16 September 2014, 02:12 AM   #30
Philipp
"TRF" Member

Read & study also my recent articles on www.RolexPassionReport.com

Be Aware of High Quality Vintage Rolex Dials:

--> http://rolexpassionreport.com/15348/...e-rolex-dials/

What do you need to know, the 10 golden rules to determine a vintage Rolex!
  • Buy yourself a geiger counter. It’s a must have to determine the radiation of tritium and radium!
  • Examine the graphics up close, focus on the Rolex coronet and the R from Rolex.
  • Check out the luminous, the Rolex dial makers always add them perfectly on the dial.
  • Look from the side into the dial, you will notice that the patina is not natural.
  • If possible, examine the back of the dial, the dial makers stamp is engraved by etching and not stamped as originals.
  • Check the volumes of the luminous up close, you’ll notice that the structure is more closed then when naturally aged.
  • Check the provenance, where did it come from? If a deal is to good to be true, walk away!
  • Buy yourself a loupe that at least magnifies 10 times. Examine pictures on big screen and zoom in.
  • Compare always with known originals, like you find in Goldbergers 100 superlative Rolex book / App.
  • If non of the above helps you, post a picture of the Vintage Rolex Forum or send it to me by email.
  • Do yourself a favor when you take vintage Rolex serious and read my “Buyers Guide I recently posted“!
Philipp is offline   Reply With Quote