View Single Post
Old 20 September 2014, 02:46 AM   #86
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintJoel View Post
Hi, this is my first post but I look at the forum regularly.

I bought a Rolex from Matt Becker and can tell you that he's a good guy. I've had mine checked and it is 100% genuine. It is the most accurate mechanical watch that I've ever owned.
If you have a problem with your purchase than I suggest that you call him because, if you're not happy, he will definitly give you your money back.
Nice of you to stop by and offer your perspective on this matter.

I will agree that M. Becker is a nice fellow. His listings are fairly accurate but he is one of the "kings" of aftermarket. Nothing wrong with that, since we all know that many watches can be found with aftermarket parts - most notably bracelets, bezel inserts, crystals and dials.

But, back to the issue of this ladies Datejust. As an enhanced member of ebay, who has removed many fake and misrepresented watches through the years, this watch had several issues. If I had seen it while it was listed, I would have had it removed. It was misrepresented. I do not believe it is proper to misrepresent a watch, then later, when the buyer finds out something was not as stated, have the seller refund or exchange the watch. Very poor business practice in my opinion.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote