View Single Post
Old 13 January 2017, 04:30 AM   #60
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
Back to thread topic...I did confirm from two AD's about ceramic bracelet of some sort as mentioned already and a 42mm ceramic. Good info from those who posted.

Interesting on 15202.

Was promised pics next week--hope they all stay sober enough to remember!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
A 42 ceramic could make many dreams come true, fingers crossed for half this forum.

I'm interested to see the new RG 44 with grey dial, not surprised they release a new one a few months after I buy one, happened to me 3 years running now. If I had bought a GMTc as I had planned last year there would be no doubt a SS CokeC would be emerging this Mar.
^If they come out with a 42mm ceramic on a rubber strap or croc strap I'd be pissed I just bought my 44mm lol. As much as I like the 44mm, I think 42mm would be better for me. The 44mm just fits my wrist while a 42mm would be perfect. Plus I like that it is thinner than the 44mm even if it's like .03mm.

I think the ROO line should become thinner by at least 1-2mm. Like for instance on the ceramic bezels on the side, it is polished but then there is about 1-2mm of a matte surface. They honestly could just do away with that and save 1-2mm right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciano490 View Post
I haven't looked into the divers - great watches, just no room in the collection or lifestyle - but I generally find Chrono24 to be a poor proxy for the actual market and useful only insofar as you can see long term trends by checking in every 6 months or so. Plus, when I say resale, I'm talking about selling a new watch after using it. Still, I'd assume if you do as I do and email one of those sellers saying that you have cash and want to purchase today, you'll find that 2,000 euro premium quickly gone.

As for the boutique, my problem isn't attitude, and I don't need to be fawned over and actually dislike salespeople following me around. Either Manuela out and out lied to me about supply to get me to purchase then and at full price, or made a representation she shouldn't have or that was very quickly proven untrue, in which case she should have been more understanding of a long-term AP owner who came by in person to respond to an email she had sent.

Also, maybe it's standard practice and I'm unaware, but the idea that deposits mean nothing at AP and can be undone on a watch that is supposedly rare and difficult to find, is a little galling. If it was just a high pressure/used car salesman's ploy, then that's beneath the brand, too.

At any rate, the market on the skeletons is softening already, and I expect in 6 months they'll be gettable at 60-65k instead of 78.
PM me. My AD can get the gold 15407 and give you 25% off. He got 3 last year. So far his allocation this year is for another 2-3. I almost debated getting the steel 15407 instead of my 44mm ceramic because I could get the steel one for 35k.

Anyone paying over sticker or close to it is out of their mind. This is not a limited watch.
jem7v is offline   Reply With Quote