View Single Post
Old 2 April 2018, 10:14 PM   #1
ISSATS
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060, 116400GV
A few SubC time setting questions

Good day. My apologies if the questions I ask are a bit silly as I am rather new to a mechanical watches and especially to the Rolex since I've had mine for a hair under the 6 monts.

Some time ago I've noticed that when I set the time on my watch some times the minute hand tends to get a bitt off-centered and I've searched and found few threads about this "issue". Apparently I just need more practice to find my own way to get it right. Some times it gets me several tries to get it right and about that I have few questions.

1. Can I harm my watches movement when I set the time using several tries? Like when I pull the crown out, set the time, push it back in and do it few times over again? I still have to do this because some times I miss the 12 position when I hack and some times the minute hand allignment is off.

2. I've noticed that few times when I push the crown "too gentle" in but still hear the click, the second hand won't start moving and I need to pull the crown back out and push it back in to start the movement. Is it normal or should I be concerned?

Thank you in advance for your help.
ISSATS is offline   Reply With Quote