View Single Post
Old 10 April 2008, 12:33 AM   #2
MAC4130
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by butlersl View Post
Hi all,

I've tried to find out the "official" watch (GMT??) that Tom Selleck wore as Magnum P.I. in the interest of finding one. Unfortunately, I'm not too familiar with the various GMT offerings, especially in that timeframe, and vintage type watches in particular. I really like the new GMT II, but something about the older version with the pepsi bezel calls.

Some of the things I seem to get conflicting information on are like the quickset date, acrylic crystal, SELs, etc. Sorry if this is readily available and I missed it, but all the focus is on the new GMT (and believe me, it IS a gorgeous watch).

Thanks in advance for your help!
Steve one of the more educated guys will be here shortly!
In the mean time, SEL stands for Solid End Link, something that was introduced in 2000 I think so the model you are looking for will not have SEL.
Acrylic Crystal was used prior to Zaphire Crysatal on wacthes 70's and prior I think. Any way here is a pic of a new GMT enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2toneGMTs.jpg (40.6 KB, 1211 views)
Rolex Daytona 116500LN Black, Rolex Daytona 116500LN White, Rolex TT GMTIIC, Panerai 88, Cartier Santos TT Auto, Omega Seamaster GMT Bond Co-axial, Omega Constellation SS Auto, Tag Heuer Carrera Chrono Tachy Auto
MAC4130 is offline   Reply With Quote