View Single Post
Old 21 May 2021, 11:28 PM   #50
accountank2000
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN, 79220R
Quote:
Originally Posted by beefeater21 View Post
Haha - yep! Saw that this morning too. And it's funny - I like this watch, but I already have a dress-y watch, I've also got the Ming 17.09 burgundy coming in, and I don't really want another. But I keep seeing the articles and the Instagram posts and the FOMO kicks in. I'm still sitting this one out, but it is pretty exciting to watch from the sidelines.
I thought it was going to be under-the-radar of most of the mainstream which is part of the attraction of low volume, 'insider' brands like this. But these days, once a pretty picture gets on instagram, it can go viral.

The Ming hype train was out in full force with their last release and like you I have my deposit down for the burgundy - it will be my first Ming. But am also considering this one too, as I like the 'don't confuse it with salmon' ibis-inspired colour and it's a very different vibe from the Ming.

It's a similar price to what I paid for my Nomos Orion and would probably wear it on the same sort of occasions. The Orion is an in house Nomos movement but is quite heavily 'based on' an old ETA geartrain and, like this one, doesn't have an open caseback to admire anyway - so I don't think I would feel short-changed knowing this watch has a Miyota inside.
accountank2000 is offline   Reply With Quote