View Single Post
Old 19 November 2018, 06:28 PM   #48
R.G.Bramlett, CW21
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust
I'm not convinced that the poor amplitude would be "hidden" very long. If the amplitude was that bad, you wouldn't have very good power reserve--definitely not the 50 hours or so that you would expect from a properly serviced 3035. Having a timing machine can definitely help you to see problems faster, but I do think 116710er's issues would have revealed themselves sooner rather than later regardless.

Rolex has never included timing results with serviced watches, perhaps because they assume (incorrectly) that folks wouldn't know what the numbers mean...but maybe because they don't want people to think that the watch is somehow "locked into" those numbers for the next 5-7 years. or something.

it's easy to see where your watch was serviced--simply have a glance at the document labeled "retail summary" and it will have the address of the service center, be it Dallas or Lititz. In Rolex's defense, I can tell you that, although the Service Center and school in Lititz are in the same building, they are kept quite separate. The chances that a student got within sniffing distance of your watch are zero.

regardless, these timing results are a bummer.
R.G.Bramlett, CW21 is offline   Reply With Quote